Friday, November 23, 2007

That was a nice holiday! I was worried it would be sad because we weren't able to get back to Chicago and be with our families, but it was fun. The only part that was bad was when Smee (the dog) destroyed the circular needle I've been using because I failed to pay attention to him for five minutes. Luckily, I had an identical one, and was able to transfer the project to that with no trouble. So it all turned out well.

Our first wedding anniversary is this coming Sunday, and we were talking about all we've been through in our first year of marriage. Getting trapped and almost dying in a snowstorm, living in a really bad neighborhood, losing jobs, scrounging for money, having health scares, and so on. But we don't think about those things much. We're in a wonderful, safe neighborhood now. We got a new cat this year, Rusty. Charlie has a great job, and I'm plugging away at my art. We're good. We're together.

I think we're going to make it!

No comments: