Thursday, November 01, 2007

One day in, and I'm already going stream of consicousness.

I woke up this morning and was so thrilled that it was Friday. I was about to roll over and give Charlie the good news (because apparently my morning brain thinks he can't figure these things out for himself) when I realized that it was Thursday. Then the alarm went off, and the dog started rolling around, and glasses were put on, and we were not nearly as close to the weekend as I had thought anyhow.

So it isn't Friday. But it is November 1st, and that means it is the first day of me trying to do this blogging thing here every day for any entire month. We'll see how well this goes. I'm excited about it, and theoretically it shouldn't be difficult. However, I have this fear that it will turn out like my plan to have pen pals. Which is to say, not so well. If someone I am supposed to be corresponding with is out there reading this, please know that I am incredibly sorry that I haven't written in awhile. I'm easily distracted. But I will write. At some point.

In completely other news, for the second Halloween in a row, I have gotten zero trick-or-treaters. I was really hoping some of the kids in my building would come by, so I'm disappointed. The two giant bags of candy will have to console me.

This is also the second year in a row that nothing really happened in terms of Halloween excitement of the party variety. I'm sure I could have sought something out, but I had an awful head cold, and everyone seems so busy. I hate to bother people to spend time with me. I know that's a ridiculous attitude to take, but I just feel so guilty that all of the people I know have such limited free time and to ask them to do something with me. I, um, have self esteem issues.

But hey! I went to knitting, which was great fun, and I went in my costume!



I went as Charlie. It was a remarkably easy costume of a homemade fake mustache (felt and double-sided poster tape) and wearing one of his t-shirts. Oh, and I brushed my hair straight back when I got out of the shower, just like Charlie does. The mustache would only stay on for a few minutes at a time before my lip got sweaty and it fell of. But the overall effect was great. I will hang on to this costume for when Charlie and I need to switch places to insure wacky hijinx.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from a fellow NaBloPoMo-Er.

Good luck with the month of postings, and sorry you didn't have any trick-or treaters!

Anonymous said...

OMG that costume is awesome. Also - you make Charlie look hawt.

I miss you. You should read my stuff. It's only 92% autobiographical. Some of the rest is plot from popular teen comedies/dramas. Also with alot more crazy sex scenes than my life actually contained at 17. :)

Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt