Sunday, November 04, 2007

Green sweater: DONE!!!!!!



The green sweater is done! And I think in general it looks better than it does in this picture, but the light hitting my patio at this hour makes everything look a bit odd.

Anyhow, I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out. It's very warm and cozy, and while I've heard some people say that Wool of the Andes is scratchy, I think it's very soft. I'm wearing the sweater right now with a tank top and it isn't bothering my arms at all. And I say that as someone who has fairly sensitive skin.

Most of the expansion that came with blocking disappeared once the sweater was fully dry, leaving it just a bit bigger than before. The only part where the size isn't perfect is the hood. And the hood isn't a blocking issue. The hood is a Jessie getting overly enthusiastic about a deep hood issue. I went a little overboard. As you can see in the photo, I can pull the hood all the way over my face. Even that has it's advantages. This will be a very good sweater for taking naps.






In other news, I left the market basket on the floor once I emptied it of Farmer's market goodies yesterday. I was in a hurry to make lunch, and I thought I'd return it to its shelf later on.

When I came back though, someone else had claimed it. Indeed, Rusty spent the rest of the day in that basket, and did not appear to mind if we picked it up and carried him around in it. As our friend Jack said, he appeared to be a very Zen cat all of the sudden. Very at peace.

1 comment:

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

It is a kind of miracle to take some yarn and two sticks and about a month of your time and turn it into a three-dimensional object that you can stick on your body ...