Monday, April 14, 2008


Twenty-one new standard sizes faces, one new big face, and two new heads. Not bad for a few hours of work. They're now baking in the oven, and will be painted at some point tomorrow. I'm also going to prep some small canvases tonight, and paint them at the same time as the faces.

All this work is going towards me having a big art week. Charlie is leaving for Australia on business Wednesday night, and won't be back until Sunday. I've got to admit, the idea of being without him, especially so far from my family, is a little daunting. Luckily, I have plenty of art I need to create to fill the time. I got into the Crammed Organism show, so I need to finish the toys for that. And I have at least two commissions to work on (I need to check my master list on that, but that's the amount I can think of right now). Plus I want to be able to update my shop for once. I'm actually hoping to start doing more regular updates, and making more of a business out of it. So barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'll be spending most of my weekend with art. Which is awesome. I figure I can work in the studio most of the day, and move my work to the dining room table in the evening so that I can watch movies while I sew. I'll miss Charlie deeply, especially as we were apart this weekend, and he works ungodly sorts of hours even at the best of times, but at least I'll be busy with something I love.

Speaking of being apart, Florida was worth the trip. I'm twenty times more exhausted than I was when I left, but seeing my family was so nice. I don't get down to my grandparents house nearly as often as I should. And since my parents and my siblings came down from Chicago, I got a chance to see them too, which I'm always happy for. I still miss them every day. Plus there were assorted aunts, uncles, and cousins. Plus swimming and anoles. So a good time.

And Charlie had fun in NYC. His meetings went well, he saw lots of old friends, and ate lots of tasty, tasty food. Plus he saw a bunch of awesome art, and brought me back the catalog from one of the shows.

Now if there can be a weekend coming up in which he is here with me, things will be awesome.

No comments: