Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Big Packages!

I got a late start on things today. Well, I started early enough, and got my grocery shopping done, but by the time I was finished putting said groceries away, my little headache had grown big, and I was not terribly functional for awhile. Luckily, a little lie down and some asprin brought the headache back to tiny after a bit, and I was able to get some things done!

I have half of a little blue bird made. Rather than using my normal bird pattern, I'm adapting the duck pattern. It's looking good. It should be finished tomorrow; I'll share it then.

I also made matzo candy! From this recipe. It is so good I kind of don't want to ever eat anything else again. Which is fortunate, because I bought a five lb. box of matzo crackers at the store today. It is, as one might imagine, a very big box. But it was also very on sale! And was the only size box of matzo they had, owing to matzo generally being on sale right now. And I was tired of being thwarted in my attempts to buy various grocery items, just because the grocery store is not so good at stocking the things I want to buy. Also, secretly, I really like buying really big containers of things. Like the time I bought a can of hominy that was larger than my head. Which I thought I had talked about here, but I can't find it, so maybe I didn't. Anyhow, that can of hominy was very, very big. It was awesome.

Oh! And we are significantly less on fire in my region than we were yesterday, which is a plus, as I don't like being on fire.

No comments: