Thursday, April 03, 2008


Sewing down individual sequins is time consuming, especially if they are far enough apart that you need to start new knot each time. This is something I had long known intellectually, but it's still a little surprising to me in practice. No matter. I'm having a lot of fun with this one. She's the first in what I hope will be a long series of seamonsters. Or rather, water monsters, because while I see her as a seamonster, I also want to make lakemonsters and rivermonsters and bathtubmonsters.

I learned to swim before I could walk, and I walk early. I feel so at home in the water, and frequently wish that I could conduct more of my daily business from the shower. Hopefully soon I'm going to start swimming regularly. I think it will improve my life greatly.

No comments: