Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm waiting for Charlie to call me from the airport, before he jets off to Australia. I'm surprised how lonely it feels already. Mainly because he wouldn't be home yet anyway on the average weeknight. But also because previous to my move out to California, I had lived alone for years. Yes I had lived close by to my family, but I had an apartment to myself. But right now, tonight, I'm feeling lonely. And it's not really a bad thing, because I'm realizing that I'm lonesome for the lack of Charlie specifically. Which makes me oddly happy.

I have the odd sort of feeling you get when you move into a new place, where it doesn't seem entirely like home. And that too, I think, is the lack of Charlie. Because this apartment has only ever been my apartment with him.

Luckily, he'll be back on Sunday. And in the meantime, art art art!

No comments: