Saturday, June 13, 2009

First tomato!


See that little red jobber there? That's my first ripe tomato of the season! It's on my mystery tomato plant, that when I bought it at the L.A. Arboretum came with a label that read ""sugary" tomato". It has flourished, and seems to be a red grape tomato. And as you can see in the picture, he's got some friends ripening too.

My little patio garden in general is doing well, which is a pleasant surprise. In the past, I haven't had the best luck with plants, but I think I've finally gotten the hang of it. I've only had one plant die this year. And it was a basil that I'm thinking was screwed up to begin with, or it just wasn't trying, because I certainly was. But the rest of the plants are thriving and happy, and where appropriate, blooming.

No comments: