Friday, July 13, 2007

The Moving is Rotting My Brain.

Tomorrow is the big moving day! Hooray! I am so ready to be done with this. It's been 24/7 work for about two weeks, and a lot of work for the two weeks before that, and I am absolutely spent. I was starting to hyperventilate this afternoon when the woman from the moving company called to tell me they had to change the time frame for the pick-up from the 11am-2pm she told me earlier to 7am-9am. Which is bullshit really. Yesterday she tried to get me to change the day from Saturday to Monday. It's too late to do anything now, but needless to say, I am not hiring these people again.

There was also a panic earlier today when I realized my credit card was over the limit, and how did it get over the limit? I mainly just buy groceries, and for two people. A bit of thought and some conversations with Charlie (but not looking at my transactions online, because Capital One was being a butt today), and we realized that I had booked two plane tickets, a hotel, and a rental car. And those are all expensive. Mystery solved, although I am still waiting for the payment I made on my card to clear.

Now I am kind of half packing, half chilling. My brain is mostly shut down. And in about four hours I'm heading out to see a puppet show and eat Indian food. Which I thought was going to be what I did yesterday afternoon, until I realized that the fact that every email and invitation to the puppet show said July 13, and Friday, and that those were good signs that showing up on Thursday, July 12 was going to get me a lot of staring at nothing. Because I'm a genius like that.

No comments: