Friday, February 16, 2007

Blueberry Ice Cream

Well. I have not been so good of late on my promise to myself to update the blog more. In my defense, it's been really busy here. Not even fun busy. Temp work busy.

Fortunately, it should transition into non-temp work busy soon. I'm hoping that in two months time or so, I should be hard at work on something in my field! My current career path plan is to balance a combination of puppetry, painting, and illustration/graphic design. And it's actually looking like I'll be able to do that.

My other project of the moment is cooking. Not that I'm not always cooking- the vast majority of our meals are at home, and are made from fresh ingredients right before we eat. But I'm trying to create more of my own recipes. I have a hope to someday publish a cookbook. It could be self published. That would be fine. I'm mainly interested in getting more people cooking more often. I think it's something a lot of people are afraid of, and I want to get the word out that it isn't that hard. Even things that people think of as tricky, like souffles and custards, are actually pretty easy.

Anyway, we've been really into homemade soups and homemade ice creams at our house. The picture above is the blueberry ice cream I made on Monday. That one isn't my own recipe; I got it from William-Sonoma Ice Cream, a book I highly recommend. Everything I've tried from it has been wonderful. Today's project is a pear sorbet. I couldn't find a recipe that was quite what I wanted for that, so I've made up my own. If it turns out well, I'll share it.

No comments: