Monday, February 11, 2008

Food!

It's been a cooking day, among other things. I have a big pot of black beans bubbling on the stove. Some of that pot will be eaten tonight, and the rest will be saved for the big pot of chili I'm making on Friday. I love chili. Love it deeply. I have a lot of different kinds of dried beans in my cupboard, so I'm going to cook up a different one each day, and then at the end of the week a bit of each will go it the chili. It will be magnificent.

I've also made scotch eggs, which I'm waiting to cool enough for me to eat one. I haven't had one since I was a kid, and I didn't like them then. But my tastes have changed, and I suspect I'll love them now. I'm on a major hard-boiled egg kick at the moment, so a hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage sounds magnificent. If they have indeed turned out, I'll post my recipe.

No comments: